HANDI-CARE INTL. (HCI)
charity Dedicated to helping the
Poor & Disabled, since 1992
168 BONIS AVE. Unit 711,
Scarborough, ON, Canada, M1T 3V6
Tel:416 293 3994
- 77- June 28, 2012
- Handi- Care Intl., proudly announces the completion of "School expansion building" at Amar Seva Sangam. The building with class rooms and a science lab with access to disabled children is an extension of the existing school. The enrollment at Amar Seva Sangam's school has exceeded 700 students with a significant number of disabled children. This necessitated the project of building the school expansion and HCI managed to fund the entire cost of $72,000 with donations from individual philanthropists. Read more....
- Our new building project - "Early Intervention of childhood developmental disabilities" is about to start. We will focus our fundraising efforts on this project. The foundation stone for this building was laid by H H Shri. Sringeri Sankaracharya in May 2012. With His blessings and all your support, we are confident of building this centre soon. This centre, with state of the art facilities, equipments and trained staff, will be the only available rural centre of this kind in entire Tamil Nadu, offering free to affordable services to children of poor families. With early detection of Autism, Cerebral Palsy and other developmental issues in new borns, therapy & rehabilitation at a very young age of 0 to 5 will produce remarkable results. There are 173 children from 800 villages that are identified for enrollment. Please feel generous to support this project, so building can start soon. Read more....
- Please mark your calendar for our 20th Anniversary fundraising event - Sept. 22, 2012 at SVBF Banquet hall, 80 Brydon Dr., Etobicoke, at 6 PM.
- We invite donors to donate brand new or salable items for our Silent auction table - Popular items include Paintings, Wall hangings, Household items, Saris, Suits, shawls, costume jewelry etc.. Pls. contact us by e-mail or phone, if you have something to donate. We greatly appreciate your generousity.
- We also welcome donations of items for raffle, door prizes....
- We like to inform you that our children who are supported by HCI, have all passed the 10th std. board exman and achieved 100% success rate!! Here are the top 5 rank holders
- It came to our attention that many of you are not receiving our newsletters.. We have taken some steps to overcome that problem. Pls. read some of our past newsletters...
- Newsletter 76 - Dr. Abdul Kalam makes a big donation to Amar Seva Sangam
- Newsletter 75 - Our enhanced Volunteer placement program website launched