Getting their / Flights:
- Costs vary depending on time of year (from $1200- $2000)
- We recommend using a travel agent as you may get better rates and support. Feel free to use local travel agent.
2 options: In both options, travel time by taxi to ASSA is approx. 3 hours.
- Fly into Trivandrum (also known as Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala).
- Fly into Madurai.
Pick up from airport will be arranged by ASSA. Details in the orientation manual.
Passport and Visa
- You need a passport valid for at least 6 months after arrival.
Valid VISA will be necessary. Please see orientation manual for more information
Pre-Departure and Depature
- Please check Guidelines for International Travel from Govt of India:
- You must be fully vaccinated with a WHO-approved COVID vaccine
- Submit the self-declaration form on the online Air Suvidha portal (www.newdelhiairport.in) before the scheduled travel
- Upload a negative COVID-19 RT-PCR report.
- Each passenger shall also submit a declaration with respect to the authenticity of the report
- Submission of sample for post-arrival COVID-19 test at the point of arrival after which they will be allowed to leave the airport
- Home quarantine for 5 days within ASSA campus
Re-test on the 5th day will be arranged within ASSA campus and if negative, can be out of quarantine on Day 6.
Health and Vaccination
- Vaccines needed:
Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B, and Typhoid, Covid-19
- Malaria Prophylaxis and Dukoral recommended (not mandatory)
- Medications to bring: Advil, Tylenol, Benadryl, Imodium, and rehydration salts
- Personal prescriptions: anti-malarial, emergency antibiotics, mild laxative, travel strength Probiotics, and epi-pen
Travel medical insurance is required.
Included in this are:
- Rooms are provided on ASSA campus in a dedicated guest house and have attached washroom and may have to be shared with up to 2 other students.
- 3 vegetarian meals a day and access to coffee and tea all day long. The kitchen staff is very accommodating and understanding. They will oblige and prepare the meals to your liking and tolerance. E.g., less spicy, etc.
- Visiting North American supervisors will not share accommodation with students.
- Work-related trips to adjacent villages
- Minor health issues can be treated by the staff doctor on campus at no fee. (You will have to pay for the medicines)
- Additional snack items, such as fruits, cookies, etc.
- Personal trips for sightseeing, shopping, etc.
- Medical consultations and medicines (Your insurance will cover most of this)